Thursday, July 4, 2013

February 2013: The Fat Kid Starts to Run!!!

On my previous post, I shared to you why I started to lose weight. You must have said to yourself, "But your blog says the fat kid running. So where's the run in that?". So now the fat kid starts to run.

Late January 2013, I finally got my iPhone. Yeah it had cool apps and shit. But as I started to look around the appstore, I stumbled upon this app called "Nike+Running". So I said what the hell is this? Downloaded it. Checked it out. And lo and behold, it tracks your runs via GPS. Plus you could play music in your phone while the app runs. And so I said to myself. Kewl. The next morning I decided to wake up early and checked it out.

February 4, 2013. 5:30 am. I got out of bed. Decided to wear to my run what I wore the previous night. Put on my jacket and my probably 3 year old New Balance shoes. Put on some headphones. And off I went. Official start of my run was 5:54 am. Legs were wobbly even though I've put on a few days on the treadmill. It was the first time in years I ran on the road. And IT FELT LIKE SHIT. It was so different from the treadmill. My feet were hurting faster. My knees were about to give out. And the morning air was just so thick and cold that I think it's crushing my lungs. THIS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE GYM. THIS SUCKS. But then at the end of my run, I managed to do 2.49 km in 26:25 with a pace of 10'37"/km. And I said to myself never to do this again. But when I ended my run, the app asked me how I feel. Put on the smiley said it was ok. Asked if I ran on the road, trail or beach so I put on On The Road. And the map of our village appeared with lines of my path. Green for the faster pace and red for the slow ones. Plus you could tag what shoe you wore that time. So I said to myself... KEWL!!!!! THIS SHIT IS AWESOME!!! So I started to run day after day after day with some days as rest days.

                                                   Photo of my first run with the app


This was February. And as the month was nearing its end, shit just got out of hand in school. Exams are just around the corner. So I logged in less and less runs. I ran slower and slower. And my shoe was just about to rip apart due to age and the sudden hard use during this month.

                                             An overview of my runs during February 2013

March is a whole different story. I just started running and was about to hate it all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment