Thursday, July 4, 2013

June 2013: Why now???

12 days into running and I know I was improving. My pace is going up. I'm running longer distances. And then my friend started the fitness program in our class. It was just excruciating. But during the first two sessions I was doing great I think. And I got sick. Like a few of my classmates, I also contracted the flu. I was feeling miserable. I wanted to run! But I can't. I feel like shit. I was in a slump for a few weeks and there are days that I pushed myself to run.
Weight Log until June 19, 2013

Also my shoe was wearing out fast due to the distances and my weight. So I bought new shoes just to ease the workload on my shoes. I should at least alternate two shoes. My birthday was coming up so my parents bought me new shoes. I got the Nike Vomero+ 7 which was also on sale. But I didn't go cheapskate on this one because it was a birthday present and I needed more cushioning on my feet. I wanted a firm ride that won't hurt like hell. Yeah the first few runs on the Lunarforever was giving me shin splints and a massive pain on the foot. But I got used to it eventually. So I expected the same thing with the Vomero. I read a couple of reviews that it was a shitty shoe. But I think this is the BEST running shoe I ever had. Didn't give me pain at all and was cool looking too. I did a few runs with the Vomero but I still felt like shit.

Nike Vomero+ 7
As the month was nearing an end, my health is getting better and I was beginning to run again. My friends and I also signed up for a fun run and we entered the 3k run because it will be my first time and just wanted to check it out. Finally my friends are also getting into running.

I don't have to run the streets of our village alone again. And the good news is I'M BEGINNING TO LOVE RUNNING. =)


This is the end of my journal for now. I will start updating this blog every end of the month to tell you a summary of how my running month went together with a few photos and a graph of how my run went!


June 2013 Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment