Thursday, July 4, 2013

May 2013: "The Take Over The Break's Over"

"Baby seasons change but people don't". Again another Fall Out Boy song to describe this month.

So I was in a slump and classes are starting soon. I just wasted a whole summer doing nothing. I had to get back on track. So what I did is made a weekly track of my weight which I started to call "Weigh-in Wednesday". I started the month with 254.2 lbs according to our bathroom scale. This was the month I started playing badminton thanks to our driver/coach who taught me the basics. But still my cardio sucked. I'm easily tired after 2 or 3 games. So I had to improve. This is the month when I started running again.
Weight Log for May 2013

My first run of the month was May 9, 2013. It was a perfect Thursday afternoon. Put on my shoes and started to run. And shit it felt AWFUL. The first few meters was ok. But as I started to go my feet were hurting more and more with each step I took. And I said that's it. I QUIT. The next day I didn't run again. And thought I won't run again ever.

But as days passed, I was improving on my game. But still my cardio sucked.

May 20, 2013. Ok. I had to give this another shot. Put on my shoes. Turned on the app. And off I went. But this time I didn't push it hard. One thing I learned in badminton is that you WILL suck at first. But will improve as days go on. So that's what I did. I made a pace which I can actually do. But still my feet hurt after and my shoes are giving up. But still I managed a 1.77 km run.
My Nike Lunarforever

So the next day I ran again. And the day after that. Until my shoes gave up first. I had to change them. I had to buy new shoes. So with no money and still a student, I managed to persuade mom and dad to buy me new kicks. That's when I bought the Nike Lunarforever. Yeah it's an unknown shoe. But I was a cheapskate and got these on sale. I said it will do the trick. So the day after I bought my shoes, I started to run. And run. And run.

First run with the new kicks



And my love for Nike began.

Overview for May, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment